While producing your files, GoldFynch gives you the option of choosing the location of Bates Stamps in your documents (or alternatively, not placing Bates Stamps at all.) Note that Bates stamps cannot be placed on native document productions because adding any content to the document causes it to be no longer considered 'native.' For native documents, only the file name contains the Bates number range.
Here's how to place Bates Stamps on your produced documents:
1. Follow the steps of production (click here for a detailed guide on producing files) till you reach Step 6 (Select tag placement) NOTE: In Step 3 (Production Output) do not select either of the native-only production formats.
2. Click on the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen against the 'Bates Stamp' and select one of the available options:
- Make sure Bates Stamp is not set to 'no-placement' (set it to 'no-placement' to disable Bates stamping)
- Apart from Bates Stamps, you can apply other types of stamps:
- Tags that are attached to documents in your production will be listed. You can choose to apply and place these tags as stamps to documents they are attached to, as well as edit the text (i.e. the tag's name) before applying it - click on the pencil icon against the 'Appears as...' text to do so
- You can also enter custom text stamps that will be applied to all documents using the '+Add Custom Stamp' button
- In case of a placement conflict between a Bates stamp and other types of stamps, the stamp with the highest priority (100 being the highest, 1 being the lowest) will be placed at the location. Only one stamp will ever be placed at a single location of a particular document
- If you are printing your produced files, we recommend checking the 'Add page margins for stamps.' checkbox - adding of page margin space prevents both clashing of stamps with existing content in page margins, as well as stamps falling under unprintable space at the edge of documents (for printers that do not support and have edge printing enabled.)
- If you want to disable Bates stamp placement you can do so by selecting the "no-placement" option
3. Click on the "OK" button and proceed to step 8.
4. Enter the starting number and digit count for your Bates numbering if required, along with a prefix if you want one added before the numbering.
5. Click on the 'Ok' button and continue with the stages of production.
You can learn more about tag stamps, custom stamps, and tag priorities in this article.