This article explains how you can perform either an email metadata search or a date search using the quick search option. We also go on to show how you can filter your search results using the options in the right panel.
We will be using a few examples to showcase how to perform and filter email and date searches using the quick search option. The examples used are listed below -
- Search for emails sent to a specific email address on a particular date
- Search for all emails between a specific date range
- Search for emails that have an attachment and have a specific word in the subject
Search for all emails to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' sent on a particular date.
Step 1. Type to: email@example.com in the search bar to trigger an email metadata search
Step 2. Select the 'Emails sent to' option to perform an email metadata search
Step 3. Scroll to the 'Sent Date' section on the right panel of the search results
Step 4. Select the date '2002-1-8' to view only the emails sent on that date
Step 5. The search results will be filtered by the selected date
Note: Click on the 'x' against the filter condition to delete it
Search for all emails between 1st September 2001 and 31st December 2002 using the quick search option
Step 1. Enter the date range in the search bar as shown - '09-01-2001 - 12-31-2002'
Step 2. Select the date search option from the suggestions listed
Step 3. Select the Email type from the file type filter in the right panel to view all the emails in the given date range in your case
Retrieving all emails between 1st September 2001 and 31st December 2002
- A date search utilizes the primary date of a document
- To search for all emails before 1st January 2009 you will need to set the search condition as follows - date >= 1950-01-01 and date < 2009-01-01
- To search for all emails after 12th December 2010 the search condition will need to be set as date> 2010-12-31 and date < 2050-01-01
Search for all emails with attachments and the word "Migration" in the subject from the search bar
Step 1. Type subject: migration in the search bar to trigger an email metadata search
Step 2. Select the "Emails with subject" option to perform an email metadata search
Step 3. Click on the "Root w/attachments" filter option under the "Family-Roles" category.
- When doing a date search or email search, it might take a second for GoldFynch intelligent search to identify that you are trying a special search. So the special searches may take a second to show up in the dropdown. Hitting "enter" before the option shows up, will perform a free text search.
- You can perform more complex searches with added parameters from the advanced search view. Click here to learn how.